Warning - Caution - Notice
- Farm Kids
- Warning-One kid's 4-H dairy project can and will accelerate the aging process of the parents by several years.
- Caution-Farm kids' clothes pockets will be filled with straw, bugs, bolts, mud, live frogs, and cow teeth.
- Notice-Farm kids will learn lessons and work ethics on the farm that money can't buy and these will mold their character forever.
- Farm Dogs
- Warning-This dog rolls in all road kills and eats cow patties for dessert.
- Notice-You've never experienced loyalty until you receive it from a farm dog.
- Warning-Approach with caution after wet weather in the spring has kept him out of the fields for a week. Especially if he has 300 acres of corn left to plant.
- Warning-Failure to feed at regular intervals causes irritation.
- Caution-This man cannot coordinate clothing unless John Deere green and farm product logos are involved.
- Notice-When a farmer says economize this does not mean a moratorium on machinery purchases. What it does mean is stop making so many long distance calls to the kids and let's not buy the TV Guide at the grocery anymore.
- Farm livestock
- Caution-These animals will escape confinement on a regular basis. Be prepared for the chase.
- Warning-City kids who visit will fall in love with your farm animals.
- Caution-Farming will bring frustrations with weather, markets, livestock and constant interruptions.
- Notice-Farming is addictive. Once you're hooked, you wouldn't trade it for anything.
Excerpts from an article by Vera Kramer in The Farmer.